Listing Your Home With ROOST Real Estate Co.
Now that you've decided to sell your home, you probably want to know what happens next.
We've compiled a helpful listing guide so you will know exactly what to expect when listing your home with ROOST Real Estate Co.
In this guide, we will show you what you can expect when working with a ROOST agent, help prepare you for the process, and reveal a few of the "secrets" that have proven successful for our many clients over the years.
When selling, it’s important to look at your home from a different perspective. The home Enhancement Checklist provides you with insight and direction on how to get the most money and quickest sale for your home by making minor changes and repairs.
TIDY UP -- When a home appears cluttered, buyers can’t “see” the home or it’s potential. By storing items you don’t need or use, your home will feel more inviting to potential buyers. When selling a home, less is more!
CLEAN UP -- A clean home gives the impression that it has been well cared for. Strive to make your home visually and aromatically appealing. Remember: Paint in the can is worth $20, but it’s worth $1,000 on the wall!
PATCH UP -- Minor repairs often become major stumbling blocks for potential buyers. Take away those distractions by x-ing minor issues before they become major.
FINISHING TOUCHES -- The little “extras” make a home feel special. Remember, your home is competing with others in your neighborhood. Make your home stand out!
(Read a more in-depth Home Enhancement Checklist HERE!)
✅ Competitively price your home.
✅ Make your home look the best it can look.
✅ Optimize the viewing of your home by prospective buyers. Turn on the lights, Open drapes and blinds, Set the thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Be exible with showing times.
✅ Your ROOST Real Estate Co. agent will prepare and submit accurate information to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS or MLS(s) is the key to getting your home in front of perspective buyers and their agents.
✅ We can provide you with access to professional photographers and 3d video service providers and upload all of their pictures and videos to the internet.
✅ We will promote the property to our database and social media.
✅ We network and cooperate with all of the best agents in the area who will be eager to show your property.
✅ We create MAXIMUM EXPOSURE for your property by ensuring your home is listed on EVERY real estate related website on the net, including Realtor.com, Zillow, and Trulia.
- Your ROOST Real Estate Co. agent will provide you with a copy of the initial listing in the MLS so you can review for accuracy and revise as needed.
- We use professional showing services to schedule showings for potential buyers of your home. When an agent has a prospective buyer they will call the service who will verify their information and contact you for permission to schedule the showing. Once the service has your permission, the service will provide the showing agent with the lockbox code to your home.
- Every agent who shows your property will be asked to provide feedback through the showing service. In our experience agents respond around 35% of the time. When an agent does respond, you will receive their feedback via email directly from the showing service.
- All ROOST Real Estate Co. listings on Realtor.com are ‘enhanced’. This means all of your agent’s contact information is listed alongside your property information on the site. The added bene t to you is that each week you will receive a comprehensive email report from Realtor.com detailing how your property is performing on the internet.
- We will meet regularly to review and discuss adjusting our overall marketing strategy as needed.
OFFERS Your ROOST Real Estate Co. agent will review and present all offers to you as they are received.
BUYERS Our goal is to work with only buyers who are at a minimum, prequali ed for a mortgage or can provide proof of funds for a cash sale.
CONTRACT We work with you to ensure that the terms of the contract, including closing and occupancy dates, as well as the nal purchase price, work for you.
CLOSING Our goal is to negotiate a solid purchase contract that will close on time with no surprises.
The time between negotiating a contract and getting to the closing table can be the most stressful part of selling your home.
Your ROOST Real Estate Co. agent will touch base with you throughout the process of managing the details of your transaction.
Some of the milestones we will work through during the process include:
✅ Financing commitment
✅ Title work
✅ Home Owner Association
✅ Final Walk-Through
✅ Coordinating the move
✅ And more...
ASSESSMENT Your ROOST Real Estate Co. agent will provide you with a thorough assessment of your property based on its location, style, and condition.
COMPS You will receive a written Property Positioning Report showing the price range that similar homes in the area have sold for in the last six to twelve months.
PRICING Pricing your home in today’s market is a process, not necessarily a one-time event. Your ROOST Real Estate Co. agent will work with you to develop a pricing strategy that will be attractive to buyers and allow you to realize your nancial goals for the sale.
PROFIT Finally, you will receive an estimate of the proceeds you can expect from the sale based on your estimated mortgage payoff, property tax proration, realtor commission, and any local government or home owner association fees.
REFERRALS At ROOST Real Estate Co. the vast majority of our business comes to us through referrals made by past clients. Our business depends on ensuring you have the best experience possible during this transaction. We are committed to earning your future referrals.
AFTER CLOSING Your ROOST Real Estate Co. agent is here to assist you after the closing.
INFO You will receive valuable information from us on a monthly basis.
GOING FORWARD If you need a referral for another service provider in the future we can probably help. Just ask!