Ten Questions with Dave
- How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
I joined ROOST in 2018. I was a Realtor for many years prior and last had an active real estate license in 2008.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
Sometimes we make the business look easier than it is. We Realtors do a lot of running, advertising, making courthouse trips, showing property, keeping up with our continuing education and the list goes on. I work with the Amish community in Ohio and many times they have no telephones. So, for me, it takes many car trips and house calls to serve them well.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
The saddest appointment I ever had was I showed a couple a $7,000 bank foreclosure which they thought was the “perfect” home, but they could not buy it. My buyer looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, “why can’t we own a house?” A year later I saw her, and she said they now owned a house. Their landlord told them if they paid their rent on time for a year, he would consider the house sold – and they did.
These are the stories that make me love this business.
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
I am impressed with the whole way it is run. ROOST works with a lot of tenants and I see them as potential home buyers someday.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
As long as you use caution and pay attention to market value and your loan payoff amount – when you put a price on your property it will sell.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
USCG AUXILIARY, Native American Gatherings, Amateur Radio, Church
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
Over the past 3-4 years I have made and given away 1100 horseshoe nail crosses. Also, I have a theory you must believe in what you are selling and if you don’t others can pick on that and that makes the job twice as hard.
8. Coffee or tea?
I’m a coffee man.
9. Cats or Dogs?
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
I love the movie Last of The Dogman. It’s about a Cheyenne military society.