10 Questions with Debra
1. How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
2 days but been in the business for 30 years this year!
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
Oh my goodness…there are so many myths! Let’s see, the most frequent one I hear is that “it’s a buyer’s market”. It was a buyer’s market, but while we were asleep about 3 months ago it became a seller’s market with rates so low and a shortage of inventory to sell! The other is that you have to call the number on the sign to see the house. No, call your Realtor and they can show you ANY house!
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
Watching people move through their lives gracefully from one phase to another, helping them to make good choices. I am working on my third generation of buyers now that were just babies when I met their parents or grandparents back in the 80s!!
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
ROOST considers 100% of the population that needs a roof over their heads, not just folks want to buy a house. They support property management and treat every tenant with the respect that they deserve. ROOST also believes in building life long relationships with our clients and I have always been ALL about that!
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
PLEASE!!! We need homes to sell! The well priced, nice homes are getting multiple offers on them shortly after they’ve been listed!!
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
My two little schnauzers, Lucy and Lola, cooking, gardening, and rehabbing fixtures and furniture. I just finished a chandelier which is stunning if I do say so myself!
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
That I am into metaphysics quite heavily and am currently studying to be an energy worker!
8. Coffee or Tea?
BOTH, after all, variety is the spice of life!
9. Cats or Dogs?
I love ALL animals but I have doggies.
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
Harold and Maude, currently the UD Flyers, and I like so much music I can’t really pick a favorite group…(I don’t want the others to get jealous!)