10 Questions with Helen
- How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
I’ve been with ROOST since late 1018. I’ve been in real estate for 36 years. I joined ROOST as the managing broker of the Columbus office at 500 E Starr Avenue
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
Some people think it is cheaper to rent than buy but that is not always the case. The other myth that makes me crazy is that you can get a better deal if you use the listing agent to purchase a property. Everyone in my opinion deserves their own representation.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
It is the largest purchase or sale people make in their lifetime and it feels wonderful seeing them so happy. I also love working with first time buyers and the joy they feel when they find a place to call home.
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
We work by referral. So, we have to do a great job. The communication and care we give each of our clients makes us special. Many of our clients become friends and that is the biggest complement we can get as Realtors.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
I can understand the fear because it is the fear of the unknown. However, having an experienced Realtor on your side will ensure the process is smooth and pleasant.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
We love outdoor activities including riding our motorcycle and being with family.
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I graduated from high school in Zweibrucken, Germany. My parents taught school for the United States government. I also lived in Pusan, South Korea.
8. Coffee or tea?
Neither for me. I love hot chocolate and hot apple cider.
9. Cats or Dogs?
We have 2 dogs and 3 cats; they are our fur babies.
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
I love Hallmark movies. I watch them with my mom. I also like the OSU Buckeyes and the Tennessee Vols. Country music is my favorite.