10 Questions with Jon
- How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
I joined the ROOST team in Columbus at the beginning of December in 2018 as both a real estate agent and as a property manager.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
Millennials are unable to afford to buy a home – Conventional loans can be obtained with as low as 5% down and FHA loans for 3.5%. Oftentimes buying a home can be more affordable than renting.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
I love the excitement shared by all when the parties come together, and I have the opportunity to tell my client “We’re in contract!”.
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
What I think makes ROOST different is that we can help you no matter where you are on your real estate journey. I love that I get to work with buyers and sellers as a real estate agent but also with renters and real estate investors as a property manager.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
Fear of the unknown is to be expected, that is why enlisting the services of an agent can be so beneficial. With the proper tools, market analysis and marketing, there is nothing to fear!
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
I enjoy working on my own home in my free
time, whether that be mowing the lawn or building a kitchen island. I love improving
my property and the sense of pride that accompanies my work.
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I learned how to juggle in middle school
and I’ve still got it!
8. Coffee or tea?
Never been much of a drinker of either.
9. Cats or Dogs?
My wife and I have two dogs and a cat…
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
My favorite movie is The Big Lebowski. I am a Butler Basketball fan and also love watching the NFL. My favorite band is Radiohead.