10 Questions with Kelly
1. How long have you been a part of the ROOST team
I am a licensed Realtor in the State of Tennessee, practicing real estate since Jan/2014 in the Greater Nashville Metro area, also known as Middle Tennessee. I joined the ROOST Team in April 2019.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
Overpricing your home leads to better offers! Sometimes sellers enter the market under the impression that a high list price leads to high offers. They believe that over-inflating the price leaves more room for negotiation when the right buyer comes along. Ultimately, the opposite is true. Overpricing a home typically leads to it sitting on the market, which too often ends in the sellers accepting a lower offer than they might have if the property had been priced right from the beginning.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
I gain great satisfaction in knowing I helped my client through major times in their lives. From a new couple buying their first house to families buying a vacation home or a bachelor getting his ultimate bachelor pad, I get to help clients through each stage in their lives and truly be part of a community. Being a Realtor I sometimes become part counselor, part life coach, and part mentor; this is very rewarding for me as I have a passion for giving back. I love living in that moment of possibility. Buying a new home is such an emotional experience, with all the hope, the imagining, the dreaming
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
The support of the ROOST team enables me to grow as an agent and allows me to venture down many residential and commercial avenues. The outgoing support helps me help YOU realize YOUR dreams and set that goal of becoming a homeowner!
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
New buyers are always entering the market! Call me for a free comparative market assessment. I’ll show you what your home is worth.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
DIY makeover projects, travel, listening to music and gardening.
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I am a cancer survivor. I had Hodgkin’s lymphoma at a very young age.
8. Coffee or Tea?
Morning – Coffee Coffee Coffee. Iced tea the rest of the day!
9. Cats or Dogs?
I grew up with both. I now own a big ole rescue dog named P-Nut. He is a Mountain Cur/Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix.
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
Legally Blonde! The bend and snap…