10 Questions with Rena
1. How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
I’ve been with the Roost team for 14 years. I actually started as an assistant on Chris McAllister’s team in Ohio. I later moved with my family to West Melbourne, Florida and earned my real estate license here. I have been working with buyers, sellers, and investors for over three years now. I also manage several properties for ROOST Real Estate Co.’s property management clients.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
Many sellers dread the idea of a buyer hiring an inspector to look over the house before the commit to closing. After all, Inspectors have to find something wrong, don’t they? Nobody likes the idea of somebody crawling around their house with a camera. Inspectors are hired by the buyer to inspect the property. The reality is they are likely to find something because no property is perfect – not even new construction. It is a necessary part of the listing and selling process that ultimately protects both the buyer and the seller.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
I love to see the smile on my buyers faces when they receive their keys to their new home at the closing table.
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
ROOST Real Estate Co. is a very easy going company to work for. ROOST really is all about being Smart, Passionate, Supportive, and Approachable. We not only offer our services to buyers and sellers but we offer The ROOST Landlord Advantage program to real estate investors as well.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
There is no reason to be afraid of the market.There are always people in the market to buy no matter what the market conditions are. This is especially true here on the Space Coast of Florida. This area is booming right now for all the right reasons.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
I have 3 wonderful children that are active in sports and school activities. I live on the baseball field and wouldn’t have it any other way. When there is no baseball we enjoy going to the beach.
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
One thing most people don’t know about me is that I lived in Michigan for 4 years right out of college. Ohio will always be my home however. Go Bucks!
8. Coffee or tea?
Coffee- decaf only please! I’m wound up enough as it is!
9. Cats or Dogs?
10. Favorite sports team?
Even though I live in Florida, I love all my Ohio teams. The Ohio State buckeyes, the Cincinnati Reds, and Cincinnati Bengals.