10 Questions with Ben
1. How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
I joined the ROOST Team in March of 2017. I had previously spent 13 years selling and managing in the Automotive Industry.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
The number one thing I’ve hear, and keep hearing, is “Why do I need a real estate agent? Can’t I just do it myself?” The real estate industry can be very complex. I believe that someone who isn’t familiar with the legal in’s and out’s could find themselves in trouble. Let’s face it, agents are trained professionals and are here to help guide you through the buying or selling process.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
That question is easy, I love helping people to get what they want. Whether it is “top-dollar” for the home they are selling, or a great deal on the home they are buying. I enjoy working hard for them to make the process as easy as I can. Let me do the worrying for you.
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
ROOST agents are trained to build relationships, not just handle transactions. We work mostly from referrals because we understand that taking care of people is what is really important. I don’t just want to be your agent for this deal, but also the next house you purchase or sell, and the next house your neighbors purchase or sell , and the next house a family member purchases or sells, etc…. I think you get my point. I believe in being there for my clients not just before and during the process, but afterwards as well.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
The first question I have to ask is “Why are you afraid of the market? It’s never been better!” We are currently in a market that no one should be afraid of. The key for a quick sale is to sell your house at a competitive market price. Which is one of my specialties. There are also several economic factors right now that makes this a great market to buy or sell in.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
Family and Friends
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I play in the Praise Band at our church on Sundays, and love to sing, play the piano, and play the guitar. My favorite instrument is the Bass Guitar.
8. Coffee or Tea?
Is that even a question? How do you get through the mornings without a cup or 6 of coffee??
9. Cats or Dogs?
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
Favorite Movie is a toss-up between “Shawshank Redemption” and “The Green Mile”. Favorite Sports Team……The Pittsburgh Steelers and whoever is playing the New England Patriots. Favorite Band……Definitely the “Eagles”