10 Questions with Ben
1. How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
Just started with Roost March 17 of this year. Previously spent 13 years in the car business and am excited about the career change.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
The number one thing I’ve heard over the years is “why do I need a real estate agent? Can’t I just sell it myself?” The real estate business can be very complex. I believe that someone who isn’t familiar with the legal in’s and out’s could find themselves in trouble. Let’s face it, agents are trained and are here to work hard for you.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
Buying a home is a huge investment. I love being able to help people find what they want, for a price they are willing to pay, and to make the buying process easy as I can for them.
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
Roost agents are trained to build relationships, not customers. I want to be your agent for the next house you purchase as well as for the next house your family, neighbor’s, and friend’s purchase or sell. I believe that at Roost Real Estate, we take care of our clients before, during, and after the sale.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
We are currently in a market that no one should be afraid of. The key is selling your house for a fair price that is comparable to other houses bought and sold in your neighborhood. There are several economic factors right now that makes this a great market to buy or sell in.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
I love wood working.
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I am actually a very quiet and reserved person. I like my “quiet” time.
8. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee, and lots of it.
9. Cats or Dogs?
Definitely Dogs!! Currently own a Doberman, and she’s my baby!
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
Shawshank Redemption, Pittsburgh Steelers, Bon Jovi (yeah, I probably dated myself with that answer).