10 Questions with Susan
1. How long have you been a part of the ROOST team?
I am new with ROOST but I have known Chris for several years. I also had my license in the later 90’s and early ’00’s but gave it up to become director of a real estate school in Beavercreek.
2. What’s the number one myth that you hear about the Real Estate market that you’d like to clear up?
It is a myth that people selling their homes for sale by owner net more money than using a real estate agent. The statistics actually show the opposite. Plus, it can sometimes lead to legal trouble for the seller. Let me show you why this is.
3. What is your favorite part about helping people find their next home or helping people sell their current home?
Assisting them in making a daunting task an easy transition.
4. In your opinion what makes ROOST a different kind of real estate company?
Roost is a different kind of real estate company for many reasons. From the second I walked in the office door I liked the modern non-old school vibe I got. Roost also offers their agents a way to do what they are best at and they help with the rest.
5. What is the one thing you would tell someone who is hesitant to list their home out of fear of the market?
There is no reason to be afraid of the market! Things are probably better than the general perception. And, there are always people in the market to buy no matter what the market conditions are.
6. When you’re not working at ROOST what hobby occupies your time?
My family and I boat and camp at the Ohio River. I value every second with my family. I also like to golf-I’m not great, but I love to play.
7. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I’ve ridden motorcycles since I was 4 years old. I even once had my own Suzuki GSX-R600.
8. Coffee or Tea?
Tea unless it’s a blended, non-fat Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks.
9. Cats or Dogs?
I have one of each and love them both.
10. Favorite movie? Sports team? Band?
Love my Ohio teams-The Ohio State Buckeyes, The Cincinnati Reds, and The Cincinnati Bengals. My favorite band is Maroon 5. My favorite movie is The Blindside.